Who can apply?
- This competition is open to everyone including students from Art, Humanities, Sustainability departments and Student Unions from anywhere in the world.
What we are looking for:
- Blog entries should be 1000 words minimum
- Should include a form of imagery: e.g. illustrations, infographics or photographs
- We invite you to write your blog on a single topic from one of these suggested themes:
- Planet: sustainability, packaging, plastic, pollution – air, land, sea.
- People: design, fashion, reuse, brands, style.
- Product: innovation, prints, inks, fibres, fabrics, finishes
- A suggested title structure would be –“how can..?/what is…?/why is…?” or “10/5/3 ways to…”/“the best ways/worst ways to…”/“top tips on…”
- Here is an example blog to get you started: https://bagsofethics.org/5-ways-your-choice-of-carrier-bag-affects-environmental-sustainability/
How and where to submit your entries:
- Please send submissions to: [email protected] and images via wetransfer as there are file size limitations via email
- You may write and enter as many blogs as you wish to
Why should you enter?
- To voice your opinions on sustainability issues
- To inform readers of current environmental problems or solutions
- The winner will receive a £500 cash prize
- A selection of the best blog entries will be published on our website, bagsofethics.org
When to submit your entries:
- Please ensure all entries are submitted by 16th November 2018
There are many different styles of blogs out there, but for this competition your blog should be:
- Well written and engaging with a consistent tone of voice that is both informative and light
- Thoughtful and thought-provoking
- Written from a fresh and interesting point of view that adds something novel to the debate
- Contain tips for customers and/or businesses to work with – sometimes these debates can seem rather bleak and unsolvable, so it is important to suggest viable solutions
- Include consideration about design/aesthetics
- And finally, it should be well informed/surveyed and referenced
Email us [email protected] and we will aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday – Friday)
THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK