Who wants their Christmas to contribute to crises in the jungle? We thought so.
Palm oil is back in the public eye after having taken a temporary backseat to the war on plastic – but since Iceland’s brave efforts to raise awareness, we are all trying to be more conscious of the plight of the rainforest and its inhabitants.
Palm oil is in everything from cosmetics to confectionary and whilst it may be harder to spot than plastic, it doesn’t mean that avoiding it is impossible.
Below is a list of palm-oil free stocking fillers that you can buy for your loved ones this Christmas -without tainting the spirit of giving by destroying the rainforest.
• Moo Free Choccy Chums
• Divine Fairtrade
• Guylain Chocolate Sea Shells
• Chuppa chup lollies
• Sainsbury’s own brand
• Tesco’s own brand
• Jelly Belly jelly beans
• Eco Minerals
• Inika (look for palm-oil free options)
• Heavenly Organics Skin Care
• Living Naturally
• Rosi 100% Organic Skin Food
• Raw Passion
• Pure Soap
• Scent Trail
• The Mineral Soap Company
• Stonesfield Soap Company
• All Natural Soap Company
Tea & Coffee:
• Clearspring Matcha Tea Ceremonial Tin
• QI Organic Fairtrade Green Tea
• English Tea Shop Organic Red Baubles Tin
• Grumpy Mule Organic Columbia Café Equidad Ground Coffee
• Monsoon Estates Artisan Coffee Company
• Giol Perla Frizzante Organic Sparkling Wine
• Wild Things Organic Rosé
• Nuevo Mundo Carmenere
• AOC Organic Champagne Fleury Blanc de Noirs
• Daas Blonde Gluten Free Lager Bottle